When it comes to kitchen appliances, there is really no limit. There is an appliance for anything you would want to do. You want to peel tomatoes? There is a tool for that. You want to boil eggs perfectly? There is an appliance for that as well. If you are able to afford it, there is little you can do in the kitchen anymore. You no longer have to do the dishes, you no longer have to make coffee because of the programmable coffee makers, and the list can go on and on.
One of the small appliances that have become very popular in the recent years is the water boiler. It is also known as an electric kettle. What is does is that it boils water using electricity. You no longer have to use the stove if you want a cup of tea or enjoy a French press coffee. Personally, I find the water boiler extremely useful. Not that boiling water on the stove is a very difficult thing to do, but it seems more convenient with an electric kettle.
The advantages of using a water boiler
If it weren’t for the water boiler, we would still boil water on the stove. There is nothing wrong with that. But if the electric kettle is not as useful as people say, then why the sales have skyrocketed in the recent years. It has plenty of benefits, and I for one can see them. Here are a few of them.
- Speed – you can do a little experiment if you like. How long does it take to boil 60 fluid ounces of water on a stove? It will take some time because first the stove must get heated, and then the water in the pan. However, a water boiler will bring the water to a boil in just a couple of minutes. That is because it’s designed that way. The kettle itself heats up instantly because it needs to heat the water as fast as possible. Some models even heat the water faster than a microwave. That is possible because the whole kettle warms up, which means a larger heating surface.
- Cost efficient – turning on the stove, waiting for it to get hot, and then waiting for the water to boil can take some time. During this period, electricity is being wasted. With an electric water boiler, that is not the case. The heat coils are placed right into the kettle, so they will heat the water without having to heat the kettle. Since the entire process is so fast, there will be less power involved. As a result, you will have a smaller electric bill.
- Convenience – although some people may say that it’s all about laziness, I tend to disagree. All the things we are doing in our lives revolve around convenience. Why do we take the car to work? Because it’s more convenient. Why do we take a shopping cart when we are at the grocery store? Also because it’s easier than carrying the stuff in your hands. So why is it laziness when it comes to an electric kettle? I have no idea. I find it very convenient to use. As long as it shortens the time I have to wait for a cup of tea, I’m sold.
- Automatic shut-off – did it ever happen to you to forget that you put some water on the stove? Maybe you wanted a cup of tea and then forgot about it? That is more common than you think. If you put a kettle on the stove, when the water is boiling, the kettle whistles. But what happens if you go to the store in the meantime? That is what I like about an electric kettle. Most of the models have an automatic shut-off feature that will automatically turn off the boiler when the water is done boiling.
What to look for when shopping for the best water boiler
There are plenty of models available for purchase, but even so, don’t go for the first one you see. Take a moment to analyze the product and see if it meets the criteria you need to establish. Here are some key factors you need to consider before making a purchase.
- The capacity of the kettle – that depends on your household. If you need to make tea in the morning for 5 people, then you need a relatively large water boiler, so you don’t have to use the kettle twice. If you are alone, a 1-liter electric kettle should be more than enough.
- The speed of heating the water – as I said earlier, speed is of the utmost importance because we like to invest in convenient I want to turn on the kettle and then go get dressed. When I get back, I want the water to be hot and ready for a cup of coffee. That is why anything that heats the water in 3-4 minutes or less is the best choice.
- Keep-warm option – I particularly like this one because it will keep the water warm until I use it. Maybe something comes up, and I cannot use the water right away. I come back in half an hour, and the water is still hot. Some models will keep the water warm for 30 minutes or an hour. The more, the better.
- Auto turn-off – I mentioned this above as well. It can be dangerous to leave the electric kettle plugged in and running for an extended period of time. Maybe there is a short circuit, and the whole thing can blow on fire. That is why I urge you always to choose a model that has an auto turn-off feature. Most of the water boilers have that, but you never know.
- Cordless base – that comes in handy when it comes to serving. I say that because there is nothing more annoying than putting all the cups on the counter and then do the pouring. It is more elegant to detach the kettle and take it to the table. What do you do if you have guests? Are you going to take their cup into the kitchen for every refill? No, because there is a better alternative. Cordless water boilers are not that uncommon.
- Comfortable, non-slip handle – given the fact that the water boiler is full of hot water, it is imperative to have a good grip. Otherwise, the kettle may slip, and you don’t know who you will burn. It can be yourself, your pet, or your children. So make sure to make the right choice when it comes to the handle.
What are the best water boilers?
The short answer will be the ones who meet all the criteria I mentioned above. However, it doesn’t work that way. The best thing you could do is look at multiple models. Don’t buy the first one you see. Analyze them and see which one meets the most standards you are looking for. Just in case you feel unsure, here are three excellent suggestions.
Ovente KG83 Glass Electric Kettle
I chose to start with this one because this is by far my favorite. It is made of borosilicate, which is some sort of glass that can withstand very high temperatures. It has a capacity of 1.5 liters (water level gauge on a side) and is cordless. That’s right. You can take it anywhere around the house after the water is hot. The base will remain on the counter, but you can put the pot on the table without issues. It has a power of 1100 watts, and it boils water 85% more efficient than boiling it on the stove.
The heating element is made of durable stainless steel and is concealed inside the base I mentioned earlier. That means you won’t have to clean it or anything. It comes with an automatic shut-off feature and boil-dry protection, which will prevent the boiler from running when there is no water in the kettle. It is durable and stain resistant. One of the features I like the most about the Ovente kettle is that it has a blue LED lighting when it’s running. It looks lovely on the kitchen counter, especially when the light inside the kitchen is not too bright. It resembles an aquarium.
The handle has an ergonomic design, it is very comfortable and has a stay-cool feature that will prevent you from burning your hands. It is easy to hold, and you have a stable grip.The filter is washable for the purest results. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Secura Stainless Steel Double Wall Electric Kettle
The water boiler from Secura is a little bit bigger than the previous model. It has a capacity of 1.7 liters. It is ideal for a large household or when you have guests. Just as the title suggests, it is a double-wall kettle. If you don’t know what that means, let me explain. Stainless steel is a brilliant electricity conductor, but when it comes to heat, it doesn’t do a very good job. It means that you can hold the kettle with both hands while the water is boiling and you will not get burned. It also has a cool touch feature. It comes in handy if you have children.
Everything in this kettle is made of stainless steel. We already covered the walls, but the interior, the pot itself, the lid, the spout, and the rim are all made of stainless steel. That ensures durability. Also, plastic water boilers can be a health hazard, especially when the plastic comes in contact with boiling water. The Secura kettle eliminates that issue entirely.
This model saves a lot of energy and is highly efficient. People who already bought this product are extremely satisfied with the product, which leads me to believe that is a water boiler worth investing in. You can find it in a variety of bright colors. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Hamilton Beach 40865 Glass Electric Kettle
This model is very similar to the first one I described. I have an affinity for glass kettles. I find them more elegant than the ones made of metal or plastic. This one has a capacity of 1.7 liters, which makes it ideal for any household.
The serving is cord-free, just like the Ovente. You leave the water to a boil, and then you take the kettle off the base. It comes with safety features as well. There are the auto shut-off feature and the boil-dry protection. Both will protect your household from unfortunate accidents. The kettle itself has a wide opening that allows easy cleaning, and the built-in mesh filter will keep the water pure, just perfect for consuming.
The design is my favorite part. It has a soft blue illumination system in the glass kettle. That, along with the brushed, stainless steel base, makes it look fantastic on any kitchen counter. It has a compact design that will not occupy a lot of space. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
The Secura model is good enough for anybody, but for me, the battle was between the Ovente and the Hamilton Beach models. I love their design. However, I can only choose one, and that is the Ovente. I like the lighting better, and it’s a little smaller than the Hamilton Beach. Also, it has all the features I am looking for in a water boiler. That is why I believe that the Ovente KG83 Glass Electric Kettle is one of the best water boilers on the market. Judging by the online reviews, thousands of people agree with me.
I love looking for convenience in the little things. It’s the little things that can make a person happy. I know, it’s a simple water boiler, but if it makes me happy when I look at it and is useful, then there is nothing more I need. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Characteristics of Heater
- Best Water Heater – the Conspriracy
- Short Article Reveals the Undeniable Facts About Hot Water Tank and How It Can Affect You
- Here’s What I Know About Gas Water Heater
- New Article Reveals the Low Down on Electric Water Heater and Why You Must Take Action Today
- What Everybody Else Does When It Comes to Water Boiler and What You Should Be Doing Different
- Underrated Concerns About Hot Water Heater You Need to Read About
- The War Against Tankless Water Heater
- Why People Aren’t Discussing Water Heater and What You Should Do Right Now About It
- Life, Death and 40 Gallon Gas Water Heater
- What You Have to Know About Best Gas Water Heater and Why
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Hot Water on Demand
- The Secret of Hybrid Water Heater That Nobody Is Talking About
- The True Story About Gas Tankless Water Heater That the Experts Don’t Want You to Hear
- Best Electric Water Heater at a Glance
- The Upside to Tankless Water Heater Prices
- Buying Best Tankless Water Heater
- Ideas, Formulas and Shortcuts for Ao Smith Water Heater
- Who Else Wants to Learn About Propane Water Heater?
- Secret Solutions to 40 Gallon Water Heater Disclosed
- Here’s What I Know About on Demand Hot Water Heater
- What Hot Water Boiler Is – and What it Is Not
- Key Pieces of Water Heater Replacement
- The Downside Risk of Rheem Water Heater That No One Is Talking About
- The Good, the Bad and Instant Hot Water Heater
- The Pain of Condensing Boiler
- The Chronicles of Best Hot Water Heater
- Getting the Best Instant Water Heater
- Unbiased Report Exposes the Unanswered Questions on Gas Hot Water Heater
- The Number One Question You Must Ask for Gas Boiler
- The Bizarre Secret of Water Heater Price
- What You Don’t Know About on Demand Water Heater Could Be Costing to More Than You Think
- Sensitive Facts on Electric Hot Water Heater That Only the Pros Know About
- The Ultimate Water Heater Cost Trick
- The Tankless Hot Water Heater Trap